The Greater Vancouver Regional Science Fair (GVRSF) is the regional science fair for 10 school districts in the Lower Mainland area. It is open to over 100,000 students from grades 7 to 12 attending public, independent, private and home schools. The GVRSF is a registered charity and non-profit organization (BN: 832888564RR0001) run by a diverse group of dedicated volunteers passionate about education in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM).
To encourage youth to conduct research and experimentation in the areas of science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics.
- Encourages 100,000+ youth in our region to conduct creative inquiry-based projects
- Hosts 300+ students who are keen and invested in today’s scientific and technological developments
- Provides $45,000+ in cash, prizes, trips and scholarship awards
- Awards top projects the Grand Award of progressing to the Canada-Wide Science Fair
- Offers various student and educator workshops, research lab tours, and fun student activities
Find a list of past projects and winners at the GVRSF here.